In this month’s issue of GQ Magazine, the Conde Nast Publication did a feature about neat hairstyles for men, one of those being the “Neo-fro” as epitomized by Kid Cudi- a style I’m going for currently, though I’m starting to reconsider that (Some things aren’t for everyone… Though I don’t look bad at all!). Rather than take the entire article– besides, Cudi was the only African American featured- I’d figure I would offer my own hair grooming tips:
1. If you don’t have him/her (yes fellas, females can cut, and from my experience, well), GET A LEGIT BARBER.
2. For everyday upkeep, get a hard, medium, and soft hairbrush. The soft is for the days following your cut, provided it’s cut low. The medium brush is used as your hair grows. And if you’re at the hard brush stage, it’s about that time to invest in a cut.
3. Long gone are the days of “Blue Magic” Hair Grease and “Luster’s Pink Oil.” Step it up to a hair mosturizer, such as ” Shea Butter Moisturizer by Fantasia IC.” I’ve just started using it, and I’m a fan already. For guys with “The Cudi” or something similar, all you have to do is apply, style, and go. It helps the hair to retain moisture, as well as give it a nice luster.
4. I don’t need this much, but if it applies, there’s nothing wrong with getting a line-up weekly. I honestly shouldn’t have to remind you of that.
5. If you’re sporting facial hair, keep it tight! There’s nothing more unsightly than wild, unkept facial hair. Especially if you’re considering good employment. Facial hair is to be treated like the hair on your dome. It should actually compliment the style, not take away from it. Act accordingly!
Anymore tips, feel free to add!